If you are a User from the European Union or elsewhere in the European Economic Area (“EU/EEA”), please see the special provisions set forth in Section 7 below.
Note that, if you are located in the EU/EEA or in the State of California, you may have certain legal rights with respect to personal information concerning you, including the right to access and/or restrict the processing of such personal information. See Section 7 below for special EU/EEA provisions. Additional provisions regarding California law (and any other applicable state privacy laws) will be added at a later date, when such law(s) become effective.
1. PURPOSES FOR WHICH PARION PROCESSES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We process personal information for the following purposes:
We process personal information that you submit via the Website to respond to your inquiries and to contact you about related offers and news.
(b) Usage data (cookies and similar technologies)
Cookies are small text files that are saved on your computer or mobile device when you visit the Website. They enable the Website to record and/or remember your actions and preferences and to improve the Website for Users.
We use both cookies that expire once you close your browser (called session cookies) and cookies that stay on your device until you delete them or they expire (called persistent cookies). You can learn more about the lifespan of cookies in the cookie table under Section 7 below.
You can delete cookies on your computer or mobile device. If you do not accept all cookies or delete cookies, you may still browse the Website. However, if you disable or delete cookies, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit the Website and some services and functionalities may not work.
You may also configure the settings of your browser to activate, disable or delete cookies. Instructions are typically provided within your browser
2. HOW PARION DISCLOSES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information to third-party service providers, including but not limited to advisors, technology service providers, and analytics service providers, for the purpose of conducting our business and providing you with the best user experience on the Website. We have carefully selected these service providers and have entered into data processing agreements with them, if required by applicable law.
(b) Other third parties
Parion will only disclose your personal information to third parties that process the personal information for their own purposes if necessary and permitted by applicable law. Parion may disclose your personal information to third parties when obligated or permitted to do so by law and in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected, or actual unlawful activities, including but not limited to fraud and situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or to authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with legal obligations or to support external audits. In some cases, we may provide personal information to third parties at your request or with your consent. We also may transfer your personal information to a successor company in connection with any sale of our business, internal corporate reorganization, or transfer as part of a bankruptcy proceeding.
(c) International data transfers
3. INFORMATION SECURITY MEASURES
We have implemented and maintained reasonable administrative, physical, and technical information security measures designed to protect your personal information from unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure, or access. We cannot, however, be responsible for Internet communications as such communications are inherently not completely secure.
4. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
5. CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
This Website is not intended for use by minors, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from Users under the age of 18. If you feel that we have unknowingly collected personal information from someone under the age of 18, please contact us immediately as described in the CONTACT US section below and this data will be removed.
7. USERS LOCATED IN THE EU/EAA
(a) Legal bases for processing your personal information
(i) Contact submissions
We process your personal information for this purpose to fullfil your contact request and thus for contract performance (Art. 6(1) lit. b GDPR).
We store your personal information only as long as necessary in connection with your contact request, including pursuant to a legal obligation to retain copies or as required to make or defend against legal claims.
(ii) Usage data (cookies and related technologies)
We use analytical cookies (Google Analytics) based on you consent (Art. 6(1) lit. a GDPR) that you provide through continued surfing on the Website. Please see section 1(b) above to learn how to deactivate cookies.
Please check the table below to learn about the storage periods for each cookie.
We use the following cookies on the Website:
|Name of cookie
|Purpose of cookie
|Duration of storage
|This cookie is associated with Google Universal Analytics and is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics.
|This cookie is used for Google Analytics to store and update a unique value for each page visited.
|This cookie is associated with Google Universal Analytics and used to throttle the request rate – limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites.
(b) International transfers
Some of the recipients of your personal information may be located in countries outside the EU/EEA that are not regarded by the EU as offering the same level of protection with regard to personal information as required in the EU/EEA (i.e., where there is no adequacy decision by the European Commission). In that case Parion will ensure an adequate level of data protection by appropriate safeguards, e.g. EU Model Clauses, Privacy Shield or Binding Corporate Rules certification. If you would like to obtain a copy of the safeguard that Parion uses, please contact us at [email protected].
(c) Your rights
In accordance with GDPR you may have the following rights concerning the personal information we hold about you, if the applicable preconditions are fulfilled:
- Right of access: You may ask us to confirm whether we are processing your personal information and, if so, to provide you with a copy of that personal information (along with certain other details).
- Right to rectification: If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask for rectification or completion.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your personal information in some circumstances, e.g. if we no longer need it or you withdraw your consent (where applicable).
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, e.g. if you object to us processing it.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain personal information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format for reuse under certain circumstances.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your personal information, and we will do so, if we:
- rely on legitimate interests to process your personal information except if we can demonstrate effective legal grounds for the processing; or
- process your personal information for direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it is based solely on automated processing, including profiling.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent as legal basis for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
You may also be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes applicable law.
For more information on your rights and accordant requirements, please see the information provided by the EU Commission at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens_en.
8. CONTACT US?
PARION Sciences Inc., 2800 Meridian Parkway, Suite 195, Durham NC 27713 Attention: Privacy
For Users located in the European Economic Area:
You may also contact our EU legal representative:
Cyberlegis-RA GmbH, Maximilianstr. 13, 80539 Munich, Germany, Tel.: +49 (0) 20 300 6422, Fax.: +49 (0) 89 20 300 6450, [email protected]
Effective date: February 15, 2019